Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Assignment #13

My Teacher is an App
This article discusses cyber schooling and the online learning experiences. It details trends in American public high school education and some of the changes that are occurring within the profession. It also compares and contrasts traditional versus blended or completely online classrooms and schools.

I really enjoyed this article. I personally advocate blended classrooms and curriculums where students meet in person with a teacher on a regular basis, but the work for the class is predominantly online and learning is enhanced by technology. This article however made some strong arguments for why complete cyber schooling could be a better option. A lot of the points made sense and I personally feel that I would have thrived in attending a high school like that. I don't believe that all students can succeed this way though. While cyber school is an awesome concept, I believe some children will be better suited to learning in the traditional or blended educational environment. The article alluded to this point as well, but overall the verdict is still out as far as which system is the most effective. I look forward to seeing how the future of education develops as more and more of these cyber schools pop up and continue to develop.

http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/399304

1 comment:

  1. 12:18 PM? Really Josh? I think you wrote this in like eighteen minutes. Stop watching so much Adventure Time and do your blog posts!
    On a more positive note, your blog post was informative and the picture is nice. It kind of actually sways me against cyber schooling because then I picture everyone wearing these like 4D masks and learning about life at the bottom of the ocean through 4D experience. Which, ok, that isn't all that bad, actually. But anyways,
    Keep up the good work.
    I look forward to seeing your final project. This should be interesting :D
    Carly

    ReplyDelete